Ok, I am a HUGE Podcast fan, I listen to a podcast every chance I get. I love the story telling, the things I learn, or the wonderful worlds I get immersed in. What I love most, I get to listen to them anywhere in the world, that has wi-fi! Any time I travel, I have listened to podcasts.
- SERIAL. Geez, I can’t possibly narrow down to one show, you just have to listen to the whole series, it is truly brilliant, start with episode 1, and keep going. it is AMAZING. I was on a trip back from Asia, and I listened to the first season. I was so addicted.
- Radiolab – this is a podcast I often listen to at the gym. There aren’t that many times I have been found on a treadmill sobbing, but this particular podcast is absolutely, and devastatingly beautiful. Called the Living Room, from April 9, 2015. Just listen to it. There is so much compassion and beauty in this story, you will be no doubt moved to tears. Or in my case, sobbing on a treadmill.
- The Tim Ferris Show – Jamie Foxx on Workout Routines, Success Habits, and Untold Hollywood Stories – I have to first point out, I wasn’t a huge Tim fan (Tim, you were drinking far too much coffee and were all over the map during your interviews). That being said, this podcast changed my view point. I wasn’t a Jamie Foxx fan, in fact, I avoided anything the man was in. For some reason, I was on the treadmill, and decided to listen to this particular podcast. I was giving Tim a second chance, after all, I liked his book, just not his podcast. What I discovered, was absolute magic. I was more enamoured by 2 unlikely souls than I thought I ever would be. Jamie Foxx, for his amazing relationship with his grandmother, and for Tim letting go and not taking over the interview.
- The Tim Ferris Show – Secrets of Gymnastics Training. I was a gymnast, growing up, I followed everything gymnastics, and always believed that gymnasts were the most hard core athletes. Just listen to it. You won’t regret what you take away from it.
- WTF Marc Maron – Not all episodes of Marc’s are created equal. I in fact, only tune in with very specific people. The one with Sacha Baron Cohen, Feb. 22, 2016, absolutely crazy. The guy is a genius, but this podcast gives you some behind the scenes glimpses into filming that will leave you absolutely speechless.